Saturday, October 18, 2008

Y sí tu me pagas con eso, yo ya no te doy mas de esto amorrr

The posters advertising the Juanes concert on 10.17 were some of the first things I saw when I got to Puebla and my heart leaped for joy, but the concert sold out awhile ago. Manuel insisted we could get tickets anyway, so last night we jumped on la moto and hied ourselves to the XXI theater. I kept telling him it was okay if we didn't get in, that I wouldn't be mad. He laughed at me, "Mujer de poca fe! Espera." There were plenty of scalpers trying to shell their tickets for 6, 7 times the original price. Manuel would tell them we didn't have the money and they'd lower it a little and then threaten to leave when we wouldn't budge. Later they would come back and lower it a little more. 20 minutes before the concert started we had 5 or 6 people
crowding around us jockeying for position, yelling that they had better seats, etc. Manuel held out until the end and got us two ROCKSTAR seats for 500 pesos (the online selling price was 400 pesos for ONE ticket!). I was so excited!!! We got in line and I was jumping up and down screaming. Manuel grinned at me and said, "You know I've never been to a concert before." I said, "No manches! Are you kidding? How did you know how to work it with the ticket scalpers then?" He was all, "Por ser mexicano!" ("I'm Mexican!") Ha!

Either way, he worked the system like a pro and our seats were AMAZING!!!! We made best friends with the people sitting near us and the whole place was buzzing with energy. When Juanes came out everyone went completely crazy y ni sabria que decirles porque el concierto fue TAN PADRE!!! Juanes es un cantante super talentoso y igual si se sabe moverrrr! Casi todos en el cuarto se pusieron de pie y estaban bailando, cantando y gritando, me imagino que era yo la unica presente que le faltaba ritmo. Jaja. Ni modo, me entusiasme muchismo y jamas he disfrutado tanto a un concierto! Lo que mas me gusto fue que Juanes fue tan agradable como persona y no se porto con mucho orgullo. Estoy LOCA por el!!!

Juanes is an INCREDIBLE performer and he played absolutely everything I love: La Paga, Volverte a Ver, A Dios le Pido, Gotas de Agua Dulce, la Camisa Negra, Mala Gente, Para tu Amor, Fotografia, Me Enamora, Nada Valgo sin Tu Amor. He also has a new anti-war song called "Odio por Amor" that is awesome. I can't remember ever being happier at a concert, this might be my favorite one ever.

Here is an awesome video of Juanes performing "La Paga" with Black Eyed Peas! This is back when he was working his Ashton Kucher/Mowgli hair. I LOVE this video with BEP running around in the background, jajajaja. I was obsessed with this song right when I first got home from my mission.


Now Juanes looks like this and he is FIERCE! This is one of his newest songs, "Gotas de Agua Dulce." Check out what he does at the beginning of the song. Oh man. Ese hombre me enloquece!


I snuck this picture at the concert before they kifed my batteries. My cameria isn't great but this is proof that I was PRESENT for the raising of the Columbian goblet of rock!


Y por fin aqui estamos despues del concierto, SUPER FELICES!!!!!


Having a BFF with a motorcycle is PIMP because we got to skip all the after-concert traffic by weaving in and out of the lanes and, a veces, driving on the sidewalk. We went to Los Angeles for midnight tacos arabes and to uncrazy ourselves from the concert. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SOO LUCKY!!!!!!!! not only did you get to go to a spanish concert but you got to go with mexicans. do you remember when we where going to go to juanes in las vegas?? well at least one of us got to go. Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

I remember when you first got home from your mission and you would prance around the kitchen listening to Juanes, and you, Diana and I would stay up late watching his videos on youtube on Scott's computer in our room. It seems useless listening to him now because I can't understand what he says, but his music reminds me of you. That concert sounded AMAZING. I'm jealous, Watsol!

squirrelyearl said...

Sounds like the concert was a lot of fun. Glad you enjoyed it. Juanes definitely can rock out.

Brenda K. said...

Um...did you know I love Juanes?? Well I love the song La Camisa Negra!!! Tengo, tengo la camisa negra!! Yay, that sounds sooooooo fun. Mi muy jeleoso!