Today I did my laundry, talked to some people I love very much and fretted about my future. :) My heart's getting righter--I hope--but there's some shady pride in me I can't seem to stamp out. I don't disbelieve Christ and I know I wandered off in a forbidden road--maybe that's why things look so dark sometimes, it's just the dust and sheets pulled over furniture and heavy silence in the rooms of faith I abandoned for a little while. I've tiptoed back in and now I'm struggling to open the windows, let the air and sunlight back and so faith can breathe. It will be all right, I can live in here again... Sometimes I feel someone taller than I am reaching above me to lift the latch for me.
Thank you!
I am going to try very hard to have heart. Now I'm off to a birthday party...("it's YOUR birthday party. Happy birthday, darling!")

4 comments:
Sorry I've been so slothful about keeping up on your blog. I'm sure you noticed I just posted on everything I've missed lately. I'm repenting (of course being a fellow blogger, I couldn't help but feel happy at the comment made by Hales about how we should maybe post a comment on people's blogs).
I absolutely love your ability to use such beautiful language. I'm really envious of your poetic, visual writing. It's gorgeous and I hope I can compare. Also, I just love the fact that you can express your emotions in such a detailed manner. It's an amazing gift.
Doing laundry looks like a real joy... Man, you're brave. Anyway, glad you're doing well and having such a wonderful experience. I know you're doing so much good in the world. You must be bringing so many people so much happiness!
Love ya Rachel!
I'm still vacuuming up cobwebs and replacing rusty pipes.
you have the words, but i know the feelings.
i promise you're my girl even though i haven't linked to you on my blog. i'll do that soon. i just always forget about adding people (you're not the only missing link) when i am logged in and on my page.
i'm so, so happy you're finding what you needed in mexico. really, i want to cry sometimes when i read your posts because i love that you are happy there.
See? I'm not the only person to say you are great with words. :)
I hope you work hard and discover what you need in your life. I'll root for you. ROOT! :P
Post a Comment