Yay! I just got tagged by my dear friend Eliza Jane Sproulberger *(not her real name).* Eliza is one of my favorite people in the world, not only because she is so clever, funny and kind, has a memory for details that makes others feel loved, and does amazing orphan impersonations, but also I think some pieces of our souls were cut out of matching cloth. It's refreshing to see something precious to you reflected and perfected in someone you admire. Also I've secretly always wanted to get tagged on a blog post, (you know, the Kimberley Caldwell in me) so I am exceedingly pleased. This is awesomeness effulgent! I get to pick my favorite number (7!) and list 7 items under every category.
7 TV Shows I Love to Watch
1-American Idol! (especially vintage Seasons
2&4. Especially Season 4. A-Fed, Jaclyn Crum, Faith Gatewood, A'sia Jackson, Mary Roach, the Mofetta twins, woman songs, "smoldering," Toot Savol, the rockers, the Paula/Corey Clark scandal.
Cow, I still think Bo Bice is the real Hogwarts champion.)
2-ANTM *drops face into hands, deeply ashamed* I don't have an excuse for this.
3-The O.C. I haven't actually watched it for a couple of years but my love was deep enough that I think it needs to be on this list. Around 2004-2005 I used to force people with VCRs to tape it for (and wow that sounds retro) and when I got the first season DVD I would make all my friends watch it with me. It's just--being from Ogden I really related to Ryan Atwood, growing up in the hood in Chino. And I loved the music. I loved Seth and Summer together, I even loved Luke and Julie as a couple! It gets worse, though. Elder Park and I used to quiz each other on O.C trivia over breakfast in the MTC *cringe*. Then when Elder Patino came to Houston as a visa waiter (and none of us were ever the same after) he told me how he called up FOX to protest Marissa's death. He was a more dedicated fan than I was--it was traumatic for him. Once he tried to get permission from the ZLs so he could call me in another zone and discuss it with me. (I am not making that up).
4-Seinfeld. I know it's old but I never get tired of it. I remind myself of Jerry sometimes when I talk about people I've dated. Plus I dance kind of like Elaine.
5-The Office! I can't get enough of it! I don't follow it but I love to watch the seasons on DVD. Gracias Felipe for introducing me when I got home from my mission.
6-I like any show about murder cases and forensics. I get freaked out later but I still think they are so interesting.
7-Little House on the Prairie. I haven't seen this forever either but I think the cumulative time I spent watching it combined with the number of family inside-jokes it inspired makes it list-worthy. It's the best show ever about mere Christianity, blind people and puberty.
7 Things that Happened Yesterday
1-We went to visit a new family in the TRACA program and the kids were so darling! They are the kind that are cuddly right away and so excited about everything you do. We sang a get-to-know you song about a cow and drew pictures together. That's the kind of stuff my soul delighteth in. "O! Adrian! La vaca eres tu! Si te jalo por la cola, que nombre dices tu?"
2-I talked to my parents on Skype for a little bit. I can't call the US while I'm here, and the internet is so fickle that I don't connect with my family often. It was good to talk to them and to feel that they are a little more proud of me than they are ashamed of me for being barren.
3-I listened to Live's "Lightning Crashes" over and over again. It was a song Eliza and I used to listen to in Romania and I love the energy in it, and also that it includes the word "placenta."
4-After work I went for a walk in the rain to the OXXO. There are no gutters here and all the water just pools around the curb. I had fun jumping over lakes. I passed a section on the road where they were doing construction and it was extremely muddy and flooded. One of the workers made me a little path with bricks so I could cross without getting wet. :) So nice!
5-Manuel came over to say hi on his way to the gym. From what I have observed, Mexicans who go to the gymnasio typically work out in these humiliating short-shorts. (It may be a fresa thing.) Every time I see those shorts I throw up a little bit and I have to disassociate myself mentally from the situation, just like Sybil. Maybe there's something wrong with me, but I'm just not interested in seeing that much of any guy's legs. Ever. (Manuelcito is still awesome though!)
6-I re-read the Star Thrower and started craving Christmas right after, so I read Luke 2. Glad tidings!
7-I had a good talk with a friend of my soul who is far from me.
7 Favorite Places to Eat
I am all about eating out, (lack of domesticity) but I'm not very classy, so this will be easy:
1-SUBWAY! I could eat there every day. I never get sick of it. I get the same sandwich every time, which is absolutely divine and heavy on the onions and southwest chipotle sauce. Occasionally I ask for one tomato, randomly placed. C-Mar is totally jacked up to me about my special designer sandwich and complains for like the next week that he can taste onions, but I think he secretly likes it. :)
2-Cafe Rio
3-In & Out (when I'm lucky)
4-Olive Garden or anywhere else I can get fetticini alfredo and breadsticks
5-El Nuevo Amanacer in Ogden (pupusas!)
6-Outback
7-Mi Cuidad here in Puebla
7 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
1-Getting my MSW on SOON!(location to be determined. Maybe BYU now after all? *confused face*)
2-The re-dedication of the Mexico City temple and accompanying extravaganzas
3-Going to Casa Juconi tomorrow to be with my little guys
4-Christmastime!!!!!1
5-Well's wedding on Dec. 27
6-My brother Elder Toot coming home from his mission in July 2010
7-The Second Coming (I really am looking forward to that! When all that was promised the Saints will be given)
7 Things on My Wish List
1-The ability to understand "no day but today..." and to enjoy the present without agonizing over the past or gnawing my fingernails off about the future
2-Peace and understanding for my parents. Oil of joy for their mourning.
3-Unlimited cash flow so I could travel all the roads left in my shoes and SERVE in NGOs and orphanages for the rest of my life.
4-A box filled with all the stories and poems I have written and lost in my life. I would love to find them again. Also, all the emails and letters I have received that were glory and subsequently misplaced.
5-Ojala que pudiera hablar el espanol como si fuera yo nativa!
6-Hijos. So...finding out if I really am barren. :)
7-Being able to write poetry again. I miss that.
7 People I TAG:
Ha, as if 7 people even read this thing. Well, I can't help but notice in all my blog-stalking experience that it's usually girls who fill out tags, so I'ma go ahead and tag some HOMBRES! Oh yeah! (And y'all have to do it, even if you think it's beneath you.)
1-Robby Jarstad--grave robber extraordinaire
2-Kyle Kenny, who is one of the people I forced to tape the O.C for me. Thanks for that!
3-Scott Earl, faithful follower of Elder Hales' counsel
4-PGD (Caught you reading this!)
5-Christina! (Stephens!)
6-Brenda my amor
7-Tanya B
We have no established traditions for the 4th, so we wing it every year.
This year, we went to Lost Creek with Jana and kids and then had some
friends over...
1 week ago

5 comments:
YAY!!!!
I am so glad I tagged you because
a) who doesn't want to read a kind, overly-generous (perhaps exaggerating) tribute about herself? you know i have some kimberly in me too :). (But the things you wrote really did warm my heart and make me look forward even more to a soul sister reunion in December.)
b)you picked AI as a favorite show, and that brings back such happy memories of watching it on Megan's laptop in the Podul de Fierbinte late at night. Which reminds me-- our suspicious have been confirmed: Clay Aiken is gay. So there are Gypsy street children in Iasi going around saying the name of a gay, American D-list star who has been relegated to selling albums by doing performances on QVC (I kid you not).
b2)the O.C. I would have never known the glory of a Seth/Summer romance if not for those first few days in Iasi of nothing but the I.C and the O.C. courtesy of your DVD collection and, once again, Megan's laptop.
b3)you like Murder shows too? We really are pretty much the same person!
c)I have been meaning to tell you about the most glorious LIVE song that I discovered because I knew you'd love it with me. Next to "Overcome" (holy water in my lungs) it is becoming a favorite. It's called "Love Shines: A Song for my Daughters about God" and it is SO beautiful.
um, I think that's all. Sorry about the length of this, but I'm sure the Chelette (or Kimberly) in you will love it :).
*suspicions
you know your comment is too long when you don't even bother to proofread because it will take too much time
Done! And nothing says still bros like getting tagged first. Multumizzle for using my full titizzle.
Oh yeah and you using that line is like me quoting iron and wine. At the end of the day, we're both posers.
Am I the Brenda you are referring to?? If so, I am honored...if not...don't feel awkward! Um love lightning crashes, i would listen to it except for the fact that it might not be the best thing 10 days before my due date! I am also pleased that you sited AI season 2. That's our season right! Clay singing "everlasting love" will forever be a fond, giddy memory...although somewhat tainted by his recent reasons for showing up in magazines. And remember how we wrote "vote for carmen" in our window? Miss you Rachel. I need an update from our last convo. what's new?? email me!
Post a Comment