--Genesis 8:11
The olive leaf said I had been admitted into the Downtown Phoenix Masters of Social Work Program. I'm still waiting to hear back from some other schools, but this news gave me heart!
There is enough sunshine there to cover a multitude of doubts. Also, I was born in Phoenix and I like the idea of going back to the start. And I have been aching so much for Mexico and Spanish, it would be nice to get that much closer to the frontera. Today at orientation two women were chatting in Spanish behind me and I felt overcome with this dizzying longing to be back in Puebla. Another day.

I keep thinking of Paul Simon's lyrics slightly altered: Take this child Lord from Phoenix Arizona, give her the wings to fly through harmony and she won't bother you no more...

7 comments:
Yay!
congrats, congrats, congrats!
Rachel that's wonderful!!! I agree it could be a perfect fit for you and bring you happiness in so many ways.
That is such awesome news!!! Congrats! (and I can't say that I am not a bit jealous...)
Why am I not surprised???? I think you would have a great time walking your days under Arizona skies.
Yay, i haven't checked this in a while because for some reason i thought you weren't writing on it anymore and i was sad and was going to tell you to keep it up and then i checked and you are keeping it up!!! And yay that you got into ASU!!! That is so thrilling! I can't wait to see where else you get in and what you decide! Love you!
hey! auguri!! that's so very exciting. and plus, arizona rocks. and plus i have lots of family in arizona - and my family is your family, so you have family in arizona too! kind of. but all the schools you applied to are going to want you, so good luck making that decision. ;)
Post a Comment