Sunday, February 22, 2009

Winter tucks her children in, her fragile china dolls

I always save up these gleaming stories to blog about and then they fade a little in my delay. Everyone said "no es un adios, es un hasta luego." I realized that even with my inadequacies my kindness stretched farther than I could have ever imagined and that is something I cling to in this coldness.

Some people I miss but I could see them opening up their wings enough to know that they will be all right. Others are weighing so heavy and sweet on my heart. Leobardo, Wincho, Luis, Silva, Ortiz who I pushed on the grocery cart my last day. I feel motherworried for them. I think sometimes people erroneously believe that God doesnt notice how much suffering, loneliness, and grief is rotting in the hearts of His children, but of course He knows and feels the weight of that more than we can comprehend, and for all that is broken, He has made arrangements to mend, heal, and glorify. I really believe that above all else. Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care.

I'm home to the Wood Between Worlds. I like to think of the applications I've sent out as birds of hope flying to sunny lands and when they come back to me hopefully they will bring an olive leaf telling me there is life somewhere else.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the image of those people "opening up their wings", and the reference to The Chronicles of Narnia at the end. You have a beautiful mind and heart, and you're so good with your words. I almost feel like I'm sharing something very sacred with you went you write entries like this, and I love it so much. Heavenly Father must be so immensely proud of you, you are such a good and faithful servant. These entries make me so happy to realize that I have your kind of influence as a sister.

squirrelyearl said...

Glad to see you blogging again :)

Chris said...

you loved those kids, i hope that you never forget them, they will never forget you. YOu changed them all forever. I know that, and im proud of you.
--chris

Jake said...

so, do you want a yellow or a green ring?

Naysel said...

Hey girl!! You are truly someone special! You def. touched my heart, I know we always talk about this but its not a coincidence that you and Stacey were destined to be my missionaries. I'm astonished at how much Spanish you know! I'm so proud of you! And I think that with your powerful light you could possibly be contagious and pass some on to my grandma! She is very sick and will soon be taken away from this earth! I would greatly appreciate it if you could just stop by and talk to her and get to know her!