Saturday, January 24, 2009

If you don't know me by now...

Que crees! I got tagged by my impresionante amigo Jarrett E. Casey to list 25 Random Facts about myself! I love being tagged and I'm IT! Aqui las instruciones: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. Orale pues...

1-I have an incredibly flexible back. I can bring my legs up around my back and touch my head with the tops of my shoes.

2-If there is anything broken, ghetto, run-down, dilapidated, in need of repair or sketchy-looking, I seek after those things! I'm also disdainful of really luxurious, expensive or nice things. I’m not sure why I am like that; but I will chose the proletariat over the bourgeois every time.

3-I worked as a figure drawing model for the BYU art department for 10 months and had a BYU issued bikini. I had to sign a document affirming that I would not wear said bikini on occasions other than modeling shifts. I know, it was SCANdalous.

4-When I was 12 I played Dorothy in a production of The Wizard of Oz.

5-I prefer to read while I eat, so I like to eat alone. I can adapt and be social, but sometimes when someone comes in while I am in them middle of a book/meal I get really irritated (secretly).

6-I saw the first Pirates of the Caribbean 9 times in theaters (and only paid for it twice)

7-My best friends from HS and I had porn names based on inside jokes, which we have never revealed to anyone (at least I haven't).

8-On occasion I can do really good impersonations of people. Also, when someone with an accent is speaking with me, I automatically copy it when I speak back to them. I promise I don't mean to do it.

9-I still know all the words to most Eminem songs although I have been off the Slim for awhile.

10-Some of my songs with boyfriends have been (this is in chronological order)
99 Red Balloons by Goldfinger
Drowning by the Backstreet Boys (hee!)
Hold Me Now by the Thompson Twins
With or Without You by U2
Motorcycle Drive By by Third Eye Blind
Beautiful Mess by Diamond Rio
End of the Road by Boys II Men
You're Still You by Josh Groban
Romeo & Juliet by Dire Straits
Another Day from Rent
Wake Me Up when September Ends by Green Day
You & Me by Lifehouse
Volverte a Ver by Juanes
Wow, there's a good range there of poignant to embarrassing, which I guess can also describe the relationships themselves. :)

11-I alway wanted to have *12 children* but I think it's a little late for that now. I also wanted them all to be sons, I have never wanted a daughter.

12-I love onions and spicy food. Si no pica, no rica!

13-I love metaphors and when other people describe things in metaphors it delights me.

14-My favorite GA is Jeffrey R. Holland. The GA I am most terrified of is Elder Bednar.

15-I am constantly plugged into my ipod (in ancient times it was a discman) and I love to walk places while listening to music.

16-I was a solo sister in the MTC and my "companions" were 7 of the raddest elders of all time.

17-When I took the ACT, I got 36 on the reading, 17 on the math. I had to get diagnosed with a math disability in order to waive a remedial math class so I could graduate from college.

18-I am horrible with directions and anyone who trusts me is insane because I will get you lost. I can barely find my way out of a building. It's demoralizing.

19-I am a fan of fake special ops positions and giving titles to groups of friends and significant times in my life. (The Dynasty, NRA, the Yahtzee Boys, the Summer of George, the Bravey Bunch, commissioner of Christmas Celebrations, Caroling and Baptism Specialist, the Quiet Police, Chief Judge, Zone Leaderette)

20-I suffer for people who suffer.

21-When I lived in Romania I loved to go "gypsy hunting;" I would visit gypsy villages and make friends with them. Once before I left my favorite family dressed me and my friends up in their traditional gypsy wedding clothes and we took fake engagement pictures with all the guys in the neighborhood. Gypsies still fascinate me and I wish I could live among them for awhile like Isabel Fonseca, but once again being a white girl is ruining my life.

22-I had a really hard time getting called stateside and even though I loved! my mission sometimes I am still a little sensitive about it.

23-I have a real live soul-mate but we are star-crossed and will never be together. (It was just that the time was wrong.)

24-Kyle Kenny is going to make a movie about me being barren and it will be called BLOODLINE: rated PG-13.

25-On my mission in Houston, I taught a gang member who tattooed my name on his chest. This is possible the number one coolest thing about me, ever. :)

5 comments:

squirrelyearl said...

Pretty good list.

Samantha said...

I do have to say, I do feel like I know you better now! :) hehe! And it's a funny thing -- you were in a dream I had a few nights ago - and you had three children that you'd never told anyone about before! So, Rachel, do you want to tell me something?! :)

ls said...

holy cow, i love, LOVE your list. i think i knew most of those things about you, but reading them in your words made me smile and miss you.

Kim said...

I love the random facts rachel! you were much better at coming up with good things than me! and you are one fascinating person!

Scott and Cassidy Cowley said...

The gypsy adventures bring back good memories. I miss our Romania days-- I loved reading new things about you.