Monday, January 19, 2009

That moment in time when we'll be set free



I love walking in the graveyard here. I love the statues and the stories carved in wood and stone. I found this grave of Maria Ines Flores. Fallecido en 1955. Do you think she is the tree now? It's like she escaped and kept on living.

5 comments:

Dan Heintz said...

hopefully nobody finds a random skull hanging from a twig while climing that tree...they'd probably fall and hurt themselves

Dan Heintz said...

P.S. please imagine that I put a "b" in between the "m" and "i" in "climing"

squirrelyearl said...

That's a cool pic.

Anonymous said...

What a neat picture! I think it's a beautiful image thinking of that becoming the tree and continuing to live, it makes me think of Narnia or something, and how she'll be awoken and ready to receive Aslan when he comes...

Jamie Zvirzdin said...

That's a great picture, Rachel! It looks like you had an excellent Christmas. How long will you be there?