Friday, May 8, 2009

Think sad, your troubles double, think glad, they burst like bubbles

Tonight I had a tragedy exploding in my mind so I found these messages on resiliency and positivity (the first and last videos). Charlotte's Web reminded me of being little (listen to the words of the song, it's cheesy but kind of powerful) and then I got distracted looking up the theme songs to my favorite shows when I was a kid and successfully eradicated the tragedy...if you were born in the 80's these are pretty much guaranteed to brighten your day.





























This one is my favorite. :)



7 comments:

Stephen Brown said...

Sheep!

Anonymous said...

Its kind of funny how many memories are tied to all of these. I still remember how Dad used to hold us above his head sometimes and shout "I HAVE THE POOOWER!!" If you ask me childrens' entertainment has really taken a plunge in value since the 80's. Its too bad you couldn't have found the show that had the bears discussing "toxic aluminum waste". "I MUST have the formula!!!" Thanks for posting these.

Naysel said...

Yes I did take those pictures!I love your vids! I hope your doing good! keep blogging I love reading your posts!!

Robby said...

Dude I was trying to tell someone about swamp thing the other day and they were like huh?

The first two vids would have done it for me and then after that it's like happiness brutality. Awesome was the end of that sentence.

And we all know that Baloo will never play a better role than he did in Robin Hood.

When I was like 7 I remember watching gummy bears at my grandma's house. Like one of the few times it was just me and her. She used to take us to this place to play mini golf and play arcade games. I remember there were little nursery rhyme characters quickly painted and chipping in the area surrounding it. It started with an I and it was in Tacoma. Anyway... That's my random story, thanks for the grandma reminder.

Panceler was the word. As in, "HEAD FOR THE PANCELER IT'S A TWISTER!!"

squirrelyearl said...

Rachel, I think that settles it: I'm in love with you and want you to be the mother of my children. That was AWESOME!

Brenda K. said...

Awe, willllburrrr (said in a sheeps voice). chin up, chin up. I sing that all the time and the other one about articulating. "I can talk, I can talk, I don't even squeak or squack!" I loved the other ones too...but charlotte's web has a special place in my heart! I am so excited for you to go to ASU! I am just excited for you period. This is the beginning of something absolutely wonderful! i promise. Stick with it! Oh and my verification word was "rerippig" what a coincidence. ;)

The Blogsmith said...

Ahh good ole Gummi Bears. Actually you look alot like Sunni Gummi, the young, spunky preteen blonde gummi bear! lol